Monday, November 28, 2016

Cleaning the pipes

Around the time I did this blog and majority of the work, I decided I wanted to wrap the pipes in Kevlar pipe wrap. They look sharp and insulates the pipes from the excess heat. I did a sloppy job though, and decided later I wanted the black pipe wrap. The top photo is what the bike looked like without wrapped pipes, or stock. 2nd photo is after I had removed them; you can see the pipe wrap I put on originally; its off white color. Everything thereafter is black pipe wrap. It looks pretty dope and keeps you from getting burned.

Before
Removed the pipes all the way from the headers
Wrapped the pipes in black Kevlar wrap, then spray painted
with engine enamel (black) to prolong the color. Eventually
the color will start turning dull black






No comments:

Post a Comment